Sunday, May 17, 2009

LinkedIn

LinkedIn - a great invention - a Facebook of sorts for professionals - social media for adults! But oh so annoying in many ways. First, take that landing page - how do you get rid of that HUGE section about email/classmates/colleagues? Try deleting it off your page - impossible! Customer service tells me I need 30 contacts for this to disappear! Oh my gosh - now I have an inferiority complex and I'm scrambling to add contacts from years gone by so my landing page seems less like an ad for Gmail, Yahoo, and Hotmail! Here's another point - most people that I know, even those with umpteen contacts on LinkedIn, do not know how to use it. So here are 2 super links courtesy of that social media giant - YouTube!
If you are a recent grad, http://grads.linkedin.com/ from LinkedIn will serve you well!

No comments: